Virtual Labs is an initiative of Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India, under the National Mission on Education through ICT. VLabs is a huge milestone activity of the Nodal Centre that is followed as one of the best practices in interactive teaching-learning and e-content development.
To provide a complete Learning Management System around the Virtual Labs where the students can perform laboratory experiments online in an interactive and engaging manner on a simulator, and seek an improved insight of the fundamentals through simulations, animated demonstrations, lab manual and self-evaluation-pre-test and post-test type of formative assessment. The main Objectives of virtual lab is To enthuse students to conduct experiments by arousing their curiosity. This would help them in learning basic and advanced concepts through remote experimentation and Also To provide a complete Learning Management System around the Virtual Labs where the students/ teachers can avail the various tools for learning, including additional web-resources, video-lectures, animated demonstrations and self-evaluation.
Virtual lab provides following advantages for students:
• Virtual labs enable students to perform many experiments that are difficult to perform in real laboratories because of the risks.
• Virtual labs help teachers and students save time and effort because they don’t need to adhere to certain times to enter the lab, or to move from one place to another.
• Virtual Labs help users keep up with the technological development of the digital age.
• Virtual labs allow students to perform the practical experiments related to the theore-tical courses, which helps them absorb the courses.
• Virtual labs help students perform the experiment more than once.
• Virtual labs protect students and teachers from hazards, given there is no direct contact with toxic or radioactive chemicals and there is no handling of explosive devices or electricity.
• Virtual labs provide the convenience of changing the inputs and transactions used in the experiment without worrying about any dangerous effects of these changes.
• Virtual labs allow students to stay in touch with the Internet, which helps them search and gather information during the experiment.
• Virtual labs provide a complete Learning Management System (LMS) around the virtual labs where students can avail the various tools for learning including addition web-resources, videos, animated demonstrations and self-evaluation.